Thursday, 13 May 2010

Thanks Nan!


More pieces ready for Sunday.  I love doing these memory boxes, they started when I aquired some of my Nana's bits and bobs.  I used to love looking through all of her sewing boxes and tins.  It was fun finding out what everything was and where it came from, everything had a little story to go with it!  I wanted to do something with these bits instead of hiding them away, enter the box frame, perfect.  The original ones I made with Nan's treasure have pride of place at home on my stairs. The pieces above have bits I've picked up from markets and antique shops, they're often the bits that get forgotten or even thrown away.  I think these every day objects say more about ordinary people's lives than someones best tea set that probably never got used.

4 comments:

  1. Rachel, If you keep making such beautiful things then you can't blame me for sneaking round like a ninja and stealing them!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks, I'll watch for you following me home! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sentiment Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for linking to my party! Your memrory boxes are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete