Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Great news.....

A few weeks ago I was involved with a charity evening in aid of The Children's Trust.  It was held at the lovely and newly refurbished Morley Hayes Golf Club. 

I had a lovely evening, seeing some new faces and some more familiar ones! There were some great stands, including Button Bakery with on trend cake pops, Mimosa Style with ethical fair trade accessories and Fishy Feet next door to me, this provided lots of entertainment throughout the evening! I chickened out of putting my feet into the tank full of mini fish (with an audience anyway!) The funniest bit was when some of the fish made a bid for freedom, this prompted lots of squeals followed by hysterical laughter!
Anyway, I have had word from the organiser of how much money was raised for The Children's Trust and I am please to report that over £750 was raised in just one evening.  That's a great sum of money and I'm sure it will make a huge difference to some of the children's lives.
I'd like to say thank you to everyone who supported this event.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an 'interesting' evening.
    Your stand looks lovely.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete