Wednesday, 20 June 2012

The all important details.......!


So, after the lovely service for Heidi’s christening, we wanted to put on a bit of a spread for everyone.  We were lucky enough to be able to use the room at the back of the church which was pretty much a blank canvas.  I decided We decided to go for a vintage style afternoon tea.   

As with most things I do, this had to be themed, meticulously planned and full of handmade details! 

Here are some photos of the best bits........

The most amazing (inside and out!) cake by Yummy LittleCakes.   I created the topper myself using some mini wooden bunting from Sweet Words Stationary tied onto some skewers wrapped in ribbon.  I stuck glittery letters onto the bunting to spell Heidi.

Fabulous mini cakes on a wonderful collection of cake stands which were kindly on loan to us for the afternoon from various people!

Gorgeous flowers, expertly arranged by my Mum in jam jars with ribbon or lace bows and customised wooden heart tags.


There were lots of other bits, including some wonderful handmade bunting with Heidi’s name appliquéd on, tissue paper pom-poms and a lovely gift/guest book table complete with lace tablecloth and collaged ‘H’.  The whole event when so quickly I hardly had time to talk to everyone let alone take photos, that, added with the fact I now have a baby to think about!

However, it was a perfect day and I will treasure the memories forever.

1 comment:

  1. Love those personal touches - so YOU!!
    It certainly was a perfect day.

    ReplyDelete