Tuesday, 19 June 2012

My little angel...


The reason for the recent lack of blog posts...........

Last week, little miss Heidi turned 5, yes, FIVE months old! I can’t believe how fast time is flying by.  It was a particularly special weekend as it was her Christening.

It was a gorgeous day and I have many people to thank for making it so perfect............we have a fabulous network of family and friends without which this never would have happened so thank you very much! (you know who you are!)


I had convinced myself throughout my pregnancy that we were expecting a boy so for the best part of nine months I was looking at boys clothing, boys toys and lots of blue.  When Heidi was presented to us in a pink hat it was quite a shock!  I am only just getting my head around the fact that I have a little girl and all of the glorious tea party/dressing up/plaiting hair type activities I have to look forward to in the future!   Anyway, I suddenly realised that Heidi would be able to wear my Christening gown from nearly 30 years ago (ahem!) This is very dear to me as it was handmade by my wonderful Nana who is sadly no longer with us.  It fit Heidi perfectly and she looked beautiful.  

So, as I was christened in January my gown was made of wool and I thought as it was June we may need  a plan B for a hot day. This is Heidi in her change of clothes, a lovely white cotton broderie anglais frilled dress.


Bless her!
More photos of the details to follow.....

4 comments:

  1. Miss Heidi is just precious!!! Lovely family, wishing you a wonderful week, Xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pose - so angelic. She's a real stunner ;)

    ReplyDelete