Saturday, 4 August 2012

My Nana...


In memory of a very special lady...

Thank you for lazy Saturday mornings, watching telly, waiting for the veg man, painting our nails (yours- a delicate pink, mine electric blue) and not shouting at me when I got some on the carpet.

Thank you for rice pudding with milky way magic stars, flat lemonade, mint imperials and werther’s originals.

Thank you for the strawberries in your garden, for having an endless supply of lace/fabric/thread and for the funny board game with the coloured peg that I never really knew how to play properly!

Thank you for your kindness, your generosity, your courage and your love.   

But most of all, thank you for being my Nana, every single memory I have of you is so fond, so precious and so full of love.

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I cried buckets when I read this.

    What a whizz you are with words, and what lovely memories of a very special lady - your much loved Nana.

    xXx

    ReplyDelete