Friday, 3 August 2012

Voila...!

Here is the finished piece....
I went for the smartie base as I wanted more of a cocktail hat rather than a fascinator or full on hat (so inspired by a certain Duchess’ choices throughout the jubilee celebrations!)


I decided the flower was too much and preferred the simple look of just the sinamy loops with the veiling.  I fixed it all onto a metal headband and comfortably wore it until about 6pm!


Not to be outdone, little miss Heidi had a beautiful pinky-coral layered dress with lots of ruffles and bows on the shoulders!  She wore a sunhat (embellished with ribbon flowers especially for the occasion) when we were outside for the photos but I made a cute little daisy headband for her to wear indoors...
(I'd like to say that she wore it comfortably until 6pm also........... but I'd be telling lies!)

I always swore that no baby of mine would ever wear a headband but she just looked so sweet, I couldn’t resist!



2 comments:

  1. you both look divine!! loving her headband it's very cute indeed. I hope you had a lovely time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous you both look.
    Fabulous work in making your fascinator - and as for the little one's headband.......too cute ;D

    xXx

    ReplyDelete