Sunday, 13 January 2013

Birthday Girl...



So I mentioned Heidi’s birthday in the last post.  We had a little ‘gathering’ at our home – little as we don’t have much space (but do have lots of friends and family!) I feel sorry for Heidi having a January birthday as it’s so close to Christmas so to compensate for this I wanted to make the house as non Christmassy as possible!


I, (along with lots of other people!) am a little obsessed with pinterest (follow me if you like -/tattyrach!) So I started a board a while back to gather some inspiration.  I had LOADS of ideas but found it impossible to do them all (I’ll save some for next year!) I did however achieve some of them....

Ribbon curtain....

 (don’t ask me what I’m going to do with a million cut lengths of ribbon now!) I’m really pleased with how this worked out.  I loathe the blinds we currently have in the conservatory but they proved very good for this particular idea! It took a while and didn’t serve any purpose other than to look pretty but it was totally worth it when Heidi saw all of the ribbons for the first time and was mesmerised!

Pom-poms...


I made some of these for her Christening so added some brighter coloured ones and a bargain honeycomb decoration from Paperchase and they looked fab grouped together.

Hanging sign...

I knew I wanted something to go on the door to welcome people and I loved the idea of a ruffled fabric wreath – however I just ran out of time so went for the simple hanging chalk board!

Photo 'timeline'...

I've taken a lot of photos of Heidi over the last year and I wanted to show how much she'd grown - from a tiny 5lb 8oz bundle to the sitting and crawling monkey she is today! I used some left over ribbon and cute little wooden pegs.

THE cake...


This was pretty important to me, I love cake and I also remember always having a fab cake for my own birthdays as a child! I had left things pretty late with being busy at Christmas but my dream came true! YummyLittle Cakes created the most fabulous cake for Heidi (as she did with Heidi’sChristening cake).  I had an idea of what I wanted and I knew Natalie would do a fantastic job...

The cute cupcakes were made by my Mum and sat in sweet little cases with ‘eat me’ and ‘yum yum’ signs (a kit from Hobbycraft)

So, everything came together pretty well for a last minute plan and Heidi had a great afternoon surrounded by family, her little friends and lots of toys!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Heidi is scrumptious!
    You did a lovely job!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fabulous photos! I'm sure you had a great time. How this year has flown!!!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete